Friday, June 26, 2009

As I leave the country

This Sunday marks my long awaited trip to Japan!! I am going with my family, 15 of us to be exact, for an awesome 10 day tour. This trip is going to be special for several reasons, one is that I am extremely grateful and thankful to be going at all, as my grandparents are paying for it. Secondly, my Grandma and Grandpa Kobayashi are not as 'young' as they once were and I feel that this may be one of the last big trips we'll all be able to go on. Lastly, it will be my first Independance Day spent out of the USA in my 30 years of life... So I am contemplating many things, mostly gratitude and excitement. I'm trying not to get too excited, seeing as though I'm not finished packing yet, only 25% at this point.

And yes, Kobayashi is Japanese....I have a Japanese step family that basically adopted me from around age 7 or 8. It's as if I am half Japanese, but just inherited all of the recessive genes. So I bid the USA a fond farewell....look forward to many stories and hundreds of photos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment